1. Ohm’s Law states that
a. E = I x R.
b. R = E x I.
c. voltage is equal to the current multiplied by the resistance.
d. Both “a” and “c”
2. The electrons revolve around the nucleus in a cumulative series of orbits which are called
b. subatomic particles.
d. circulating cores.
3. The part of the atom’s shell that determines electrical properties is the __________ shell.
4. A semi-conductor is an element or substance which
a. conducts electricity better than a conductor.
b. is useful for certain conductive requirements necessary to some electrical technologies.
c. completely inhibits the flow of electrons around the outer shell.
d. insulates electrical current from contact with other materials.
5. When applied to electrical conductivity of household current, 60 hertz means that
a. current flows in only one direction.
b. current flows in two directions.
c. current flows first in one direction and then another.
d. 60 voltage cycles take place in one second.
6. The three necessary components of an electrical circuit are
a. an electrical load, conductors, and a circuit for the electricity flow to follow.
b. a switch, a resistor, and a path to follow.
c. a 60 hertz receptacle, a switch, and a power source.
d. a closed circuit, a battery, and radio waves.
7. Doping is a term used in the semiconductor process when
a. impurities are added into the crystal structure of silicon.
b. hydrogen atoms are added to the crystal structure of silicon.
c. impurities are removed from the crystal structure of silicon.
d. semiconductors are used for medical purposes.
8. The property of electricity that pushes and moves it along a circuit is called
a. alternating current.